A picture may be worth a thousands words, but “a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words,” according to Forrester Research's Dr. James McQuivey. That’s a lot of writing, even for the most prolific content marketer. Adding videos to your landing pages or emails has significant potential for more engagement, better conversions, and keeping visitors on your site longer. But don’t just take my word for it. Here are 12 jaw dropping stats on video marketing:
- Pages with video attract 2-3 times as many monthly visitors than those without, and they double the time users spend on your site and have a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source:MarketingSherpa)
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month. (Source: YouTube)
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days. (Source: Online Publishers Association)
- Of that 80% that recalled watching an ad, 46% took some action including:
- 26% looked for more information about the subject of the video.
- 22% visited the website named in the ad.
- 15% visited the company represented in the ad.
- 12% purchased the specific product featured in the ad.
(Source: Online Publishers Association)
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once per week. (Source: Forbes)
- The average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds watching online video ads every month. (Source: comScore)
- Using videos as your call to action can increase conversions as much as 30%. (Source: ConversionXL)
- More than half of all time spent watching online videos is done using mobile devices. (Source: eMarketer)
- Internet video traffic will be 79% of all global consumer Internet traffic by 2018. (Source: Cisco)
- Using videos in email content regularly can reduce your email opt-outs by as much as 75%. (Source: Eloqua)
So if video isn’t currently part of your marketing toolbox, perhaps it’s time to consider how and when to invest in video. Do you have any video marketing stats that you found convincing? Please share them in the comments section below.