Are you an aspiring web designer, developer or digital marketer hungry to jump-start your career and make an impact through technology? We are now accepting submissions for our 2019 paid apprenticeship program that starts April 1, 2019. As an apprentice, you will spend an immersive 16-weeks learning, practicing, and applying your craft in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- A mix of curriculum-based and applied learning
- Learn from experts in their craft
- Build a foundation of core skills
- Develop your soft skills
- Build your portfolio of work, polish your resume, and hone your interviewing skills
- Full-time (40 hours a week)
- Must be available to work in Aurora, IL
- Flexible schedule
- Free lunches on Wednesdays
Front-end Design & Development
- Iterative design process and design thinking
- HTML/CSS/JS fundamentals
- Mobile first, responsive design
- JS Frameworks
- User Experience
- Graphic Design Fundamentals
.NET CMS Web Development
- .NET+ programming principles
- Front-end development + JS frameworks
- Sprint-based agile workflows
- Version control and GIT
- Usability/UX basics
Digital Content Marketing
Each program is broken into four 4-week phases designed to bring you from novice to practitioner.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much experience do I need to have to apply?
- Education, training and experience can be helpful but are not required. We are looking for bright, well-rounded individuals who can demonstrate they have the motivation and capacity to learn. We encourage anyone interested to apply, regardless of their level of skill or experience.
- What will the work schedule be?
- Apprenticeships are full-time gigs, so expect to put in a full 40 hours each week. For the most part this will entail being available 9-5, but there’s definitely flexibility. Expect occasional homework and reading assignments.
- Does the apprenticeship come with health benefits?
- Unfortunately, at this time it does not.
- Do I need to be onsite?
- Apprentices should be available to work onsite in the Aurora office, with the occasional opportunity to work from home or the Chicago WeWork location. If you are from out-of-town and up for spending 16-weeks in Chicagoland this spring, we encourage you to apply!
- Will I need equipment or supplies?
- We’ve got you covered. You will be provided with all of the necessary hardware, equipment, and software licenses needed for the duration of your apprenticeship.
- Do you have any tips for applying?
- Yes, be your unique self! We want to connect with people who have the drive and determination to work hard and learn new skills. We want to find people who will shine in this program, so we want to know all about you. Video applications are not only accepted—they are encouraged!