We're actively seeking talented product managers to fill this position. Read the details below and get in touch if you think you might be a good fit!
Product Manager: Job Description
Our Product Managers lead the overarching engagement strategy for our growing list of exclusive clients. The Product Manager role sits at the intersection of Business, Technology, and User Experience (UX). A good account strategist must be experienced in at least one, passionate about all three, and conversant with practitioners in all.
STRATEGY, MARKETING, DESIGN, AND DEVELOPMENT IS A TEAM SPORT
When you become a Product Manager at Diagram, you'll be at the helm of a team full of multi-disciplinary experts. Each team is responsible for working with a small group of clients, understanding their business goals, and building out a strategic roadmap to help push them forward. Each account team operates autonomously, meaning that the strategies your team proposes will drive the work you do—what you can accomplish is limited only by your collective ideas and abilities.
A TYPICAL WEEK IN THE WORK-LIFE OF A PRODUCT MANAGER
As a Product Manager at Diagram, some of the ways you'll contribute include:
- Account planning to build long-term relationships with our clients.
- Vetting client requests to ensure strategic understanding and goal alignment.
- Providing strategic guidance based on technical knowledge, critical thinking, problem-solving, and relationship building.
- Collaborating with the Diagram team of experts to define creative solutions and deliver results for our clients.
- Leading effective and efficient joint client-team meetings focused on information gathering and deliverables.
- Balancing client requests with team recommendations for best practices.
- Working with internal and client teams to set SMART goals and plans to achieve them.
- Creating strategic digital roadmaps to achieve buy-in with any or all client contacts needed.
- Crafting written and verbal communications designed to achieve a specific desired outcome.
- Speaking and presenting confidently and clearly to internal teams, client teams, and client leadership.
- Collecting and analyzing metrics to provide actionable insights to client and internal teams.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH…
Our ideal candidate will possess a mature level of professionalism, and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce consulting or a digital agency role.
- Exceptional and efficient communicator (written and verbal).
- Be able to break down complex problems, reframing the technical or design solutions our team proposes into strategies that provide clarity for our clients and our team.
- Have a business mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for a solid long-term strategy.
- Take ownership of client relationships.
- Handle multiple initiatives across multiple clients at one time.
- Maintain a "GSD" attitude. You take pride in leading by example and being hyper-focused on delivering on our promises to our clients.
- Think like an advisor, not a salesperson. You're naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or remotely unethical.
- Where others see chaos, you see an opportunity to take the helm of the ship and steer the client toward greater success.
- You must demonstrate a solid understanding of web project lifecycle in order to guide our team and the clients toward successful digital strategies. This will require a thorough understanding of the following lifecycle stages: Discovery, Design, Development, Quality Control, UAT, and Deployment.
- You live for measurable impact and understand the value of analytical reporting.
- You understand psychology as it pertains to client behavior and experience.
- You know how to communicate value to clients, and even better, you know how important it is to be able to back it up with data.
No more hand-offs. Work collaboratively as part of one of our multidisciplinary teams. You’ll be contributing to ideation and decisions at all stages, actively shaping the design of everything you work on.
Open PTO Policy
We respect work-life balance and recognize that flexibility is key. Coordinate within your team, keep up with your work, take time off when you need it. We don't restrict or limit the amount of time off team members take. 'Nuff said.
We thrive when challenged to design for complex scenarios. We innovate by embracing constraints, and in doing so are able to continuously ship work that delivers tangible value to our clients. We're not a one and done shop. We value long-term client partnerships and iterative improvement.
Everyone is Welcome
We're big believers in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital, disabled, or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a part of a world-class team at Diagram?
To apply for this position, please send something that you feel communicates your expertise and what you're all about. This could be a resumé, a portfolio site, or something entirely unexpected. You decide. Please fill out the form below. (Note: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.)