Calling All Digital Marketing Unicorns
We are looking for a talented and versatile digital marketing pro. Someone that has a holistic view of digital marketing. Someone that strips out the annoying marketing jargon when talking about strategies and tactics. Someone who is highly self-motivated, able to come in and share new ideas, push boundaries and elevate results. Someone that isn't necessarily a unicorn, but thinks like one.
Our Digital Marketing Strategists are responsible for taking the lead on marketing initiatives within an account team, for multiple clients, and across multiple industries. Each day is a different adventure and you'll get to stretch your marketing skills to the max. You won't be bored.
STRATEGY, MARKETING, DESIGN, AND DEVELOPMENT IS A TEAM SPORT
When you become a Digital Marketing Strategist at Diagram, you'll get assigned to a team with an Account Strategist at the helm. Each team is responsible for working with a small group of clients, understanding their business goals, and building out a strategic roadmap to help push them forward. Each account team operates autonomously, meaning that the strategies your team proposes will drive the work you do—what you can accomplish is limited only by your collective ideas and abilities.
A TYPICAL WEEK IN THE WORK LIFE OF A MARKETING DIAGRAMMER
- Develop a sale campaign strategy and execute on tactics for an e-commerce site
- Perform keyword research and content recommendations
- Create a content strategy that supports awareness and conversion goals
- Review PPC campaign plans to provide support to our PPC specialists
- Collaborate with designers on a new landing page, leading the charge on CRO
- Ideate with the marketing team on ways to include more A/B testing within our projects
- Talk to developers about technical SEO fixes on a client's site
- Get in the weeds with Google Analytics to come up with ideas to make strategic or tactical improvements
- Meet with your account team to talk about sprint work - we use the scrum framework
- Create a workflow in HubSpot to automate an email campaign
- Write a blog for the Diagram website
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH…
- Proven experience in e-commerce focused marketing. Show us the revenue growth!
- Proven experience in creating email campaigns with jaw-dropping click-to-open-rates.
- Proven experience with SEO and the work that goes into making Google (and users) love websites - from keyword research to on-page optimization, you can deliver results
- A strong understanding of Paid Social and Paid Search campaigns - from strategy to set-up. Sometimes paid is the quickest way to results, right? "Why, how, and what works" experience is what we are looking for in our candidate.
- Respect for Google Analytics and the treasure trove of information it can provide. You should have strong experience with web analytics and communicating the story around overall performance
- Really good writing skills, whether it's a meta description or a 2,000-word pillar page
- A strategic and creative thinker – always focusing on innovative, but measurable client solutions
- Strong work ethic, defined by quality-first work and attitude
- The desire to stay on top of industry trends and share that knowledge
- 3+ years in a digital marketing role. Agency work is a plus
Naturally, you'll be stronger at some of these than others, but be honest about what you know and don't know when you apply. Also, be sure to share some other skills that you can bring to our agency. Content strategy or brand marketing experience? Let us know. Marketing platform experience? Share with us! We don't expect you to know it all to apply for this position—but it's what you'll be working toward!
No more hand-offs. Work collaboratively as part of one of our multidisciplinary teams. You’ll be contributing to ideation and decisions at all stages, actively shaping the design of everything you work on.
Open PTO Policy
We respect work-life balance and recognize that flexibility is key. Coordinate within your team, keep up with your work, take time off when you need it. We don't restrict or limit the amount of time off team members take. 'Nuff said.
We thrive when challenged to design for complex scenarios. We innovate by embracing constraints, and in doing so are able to continuously ship work that delivers tangible value to our clients. We're not a one and done shop. We value long-term client partnerships and iterative improvement.